Friday, October 29, 2010

OFFICIALLY AWKWARD HANDSHAKE

I just can't seem to keep karma on my side lately. I saw Corey (aka C2 from my post about my dating life) and his wife at the Temple tonight. I was trapped in a completely unavoidable situation because I work in the temple and couldn't just run away. He actually spoke words to me which was yucky in my stomach but the funny/awkward part came in the celestial room: he shook my hand. Yes, a handshake. I don't need a handshake from you brother, I'm totally okay without that. Mid-handshake he apologized for the fact that I had to see him and in such an awkward setting. He acknowledged the awkward! That's like Monica saying she's breezy to Richard, it negates all breeziness. It was super awkward! Almost as awkward as his facial expression when he tried to process what on earth I was doing in the grown up temple.

4 comments:

The Swank Family said...

not to not give enough attention to the actual point of this post, but the monica/richard thing is the PERFECT comparison for this...

Miss Ashley said...

I was specifically thinking of you when I made that reference!

Heather said...

NO. NOOOOOOOOO!!! I can't believe this happened. Actually, I can because that's the kind of thing that happens to all of us. Isn't it super fun when your life turns into a telenovela and you're not the star? Awesome.

The Sabeys said...

Why do you get all the fun awkward encounters at the temple. Lucky you!