Monday, October 11, 2010

CAN'T SLEEP

I don't require a lot of sleep during the week. I usually get 5.5 - 6 hours every night. I do catch up on Friday and Saturday when I sleep about 8-9 hours each night. I am not doing as well as I used to on my normal weeknight hours. It has been about two weeks now that I just haven't felt rested. I think the week that Grammy was dying and the week after she passed made for some sleepless nights. I kind of self-inflict by staying up and looking at pictures of Grammy in the hours that I can't sleep. And I suppose that blogging about not sleeping because I think about Grammy isn't any better than looking at pictures her. What would be really cool is if I was productive in the wee hours of the night instead of sitting and wasting away time. I wish I had the ability my father has to tune out the world of thoughts and stress and force myself to sleep. Well here goes nothing, I am gonna give prayer a try. Honestly, that is usually the only source for a good sleep when I am wired at night. Goodnight....

1 comment:

Laura said...

try melatonin or Valerian root. They are both natural sleep aids, and usually work for me. I have nasty insomnia! They aren't really habit forming but will help just for a couple of weeks. LOVE YOU!