Monday, September 28, 2009

LIBERTY LAND: THE START OF SOMETHING AMAZING

In an attempt to go see Boyz II Men at the state fair (which was sold out!!!) we ended up at Liberty Land. For those of you who do not live in Utah County or frequent I-15 in Lehi, let me fill you in. Liberty Land is a creepy carnival looking place directly on the side of the freeway. All you can see from the freeway is their version of Mount Rushmore, Washington Monument, and a carousel. Seeing these items while driving at 70mph causes a bit of confusion and curiosity. Curiosity and boredom got the best of Josh, Holly, Allison, Kyle, Jessica, and myself. We ventured to the unknown side-of-the-road-carnival.


I can't explain what we saw. Pictures can't do it justice. And the event can never be repeated. Go if you wish to see an awkward display of patriotism mixed in with old carnival equipment. The rides are run by 16 yr olds who don't care that you are waiting in line, they will open the ride when they feel like it.


But something truly amazing did come of LL and I will be calling it in many posts from here on out: Cheese Fest 2009-2010. Look forward to the information and details of this. It will blow your minds. Until then, enjoy these photos of what we all experienced one amazing Friday evening.

13th Hole @ LL's mini-golf paying homage to Abe


Showing our reverence for the US flag placed right next to the rock climbing wall

The carousel that had nothing to do with liberty/USA/pride


Scared that we might fall off due to maximum weight capacity on the Mount Rushmore roller coaster. Which, if you fall off you land on the freeway.



Where do you buy dirty, old, carnival toys anyway?

3 comments:

kathy w. said...

I can't believe you went. I pass that place once a week and I've always kind of wondered what it would be like.

Colorado Jones said...

I just wanted you to know that after I finished my post, I went to your blog to see that you, too, had posted about lib land. The fact that we said pretty much the same thing is proof we are soul mates.

Sarah C. said...

I wish you could've come to the concert. Liberty Land looks fun, but Boyz II Men is a once-in-a-lifetime (or maybe they come every summer, whatever) thing.