Saturday, September 26, 2009

NO, I AM A TEACHER

I am getting sick of giving that response because people assume I am a student - a junior high school student to be exact. I Can't even begin to tell you how many times this happens. I don't live at home. I don't thrive off of drama. I can drive. I am 23. This is my second year teaching. I AM NOT A TEENAGER.

Whew, just had to get that off my chest. This unexplainable event happened again last night when I went to the Timp vs. Mountain View football game to support my former students. Showing up in my OJH t-shirt I was presumed to be a student and of course, like always, my response was, "NO, I AM A TEACHER!"

3 comments:

Heather said...

A lady at Bloomingdales thought I was 16. Who are these people? I don't think we look THAT young.

kathy w. said...

When you're 60, you'll be so happy that people think you can't be a day over 45.

Haskell's said...

you're a dang hot teacher at that!!