Sunday, September 13, 2009

COUGARS ARE PRETTY NEAT


I love BYU. I love BYU football. I love when BYU football wins. Because of these, I love the last two weekends. The whole world knows about the amazing win over Oklahoma. We were the major underdogs ranked 20 playing the number 3 team in the nation. We rose to the challenge and fought a great fight. I watched the game at the Petersen's and Josh was there as well. Screaming, cheering, and crying were a common occurrence throughout the game. But the key to the evening's fun filled chaos was after the game. Right as it ended it was as though Heaven opened every door in Provo and fans came flooding out. Cheering, raising triumphant fists, everyone seemed to know what to do: head to the stadium. We all climbed in Josh's car with the fight song blaring loudly and made our way to the field. As we drove through Provo to get there, we were greeted by fans in the street coming up to the car to high five the car with the fight song playing proudly. Provo was alive. Provo was united. BYU football was unstoppable! This was the single greatest evening I have ever had and I have lived in Provo for 5 years.


The fun didn't just happen once. Yesterday the crew met back up at the Petersen's to witness the slaughtering of Tulane. We beat them and we beat them hard. I started feeling bad towards the end of the game (that seamed more like a scrimmage for the Cougs) because the poor team just kept getting further behind. But it was a great win at 54-3. We rose in the poles yet again and are currently ranked No. 7!


Later that evening Josh and I, with Heidi in tow, headed for the Provo airport where our dear Cougars would be returning home after the intense victory. As the plane came in and the door started to open I was trapped between tears and cheering. I was so excited but yet feeling the spirit of BYU at full blast. Bronco gave a speech to us. The team took a victory lap, greeting every fan. Take a gander at the photos from the last two glorious weekends and the fun had by all.

No comments: