Saturday, September 5, 2009

JUST CALL ME YENTA

Some might say I have a skill, some might say I don't. I claim that I'm just really in tune with my Jewish history and thats how I got Kyle and Allison together. I understand how matchmaking works and with this couple, boy did it work! After a few weeks of extremely awkward interactions between Kyle and Allison at my house they finally got together, then dated, then fell in tender love, then wedded. I don't know if I will ever get to have the experience again of knowing and loving both the bride and groom so much. What a fun way to watch a couple come together when you know them both.
I knew I was meant to work at OJH for many reasons but one of the most significant has been Allison. She has helped me so much and I like to think that I have helped her too (in more ways than just finding her a husband). Now that she has married Kyle I think we are forever linked. I can be aunt Ashley, Josh can be an uncle if he wishes, and we can all just be great friends "for like ever." It was a little special being a bridesmaid and Josh a groomsman.
Their wedding was great day. One of best parts was watching shy Kyle talk, dance, kiss, etc. in public. Most people don't think Kyle has much of a vocal side to him but I, however, know that he does. The wedding was gorgeous, the bride beautiful, and the groom so happy. Best wishes to the couple. And since I caught the bouquet I expect the favor to be returned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That made me cry! Loved it! Love them! Ummm...So Yenta, starting to wonder why your powers never worked with me. Maybe if I move back?