Tuesday, January 27, 2009

NOT A TYPICAL DAY FOR GIFTS





Its not my birthday (it is however Heather's) but I was showered with gifts and love today. A student came into Allison's classroom this morning to inform me that I had to follow her to my room immediately. I figured some sort of youth disaster had occurred in her life and she wanted to talk about it as usual. Well not quite but there was a gorgeous bouquet of flowers waiting for me on my desk. She got me flowers because of the palsy. That was pretty darn sweet. I think my kids have actually been feeling bad for me and this student went so far as to give me some get well flowers. So sweet! Then later today during A4 one of my students came up to me and said, "close your eyes." I thought it was just a mean joke because I can't close my right eye so I said no. So she told me to look away and hold out my hand. I felt her drop something in it and looked to find a beautiful breast cancer charm bracelet. How freaking nice are my students? Well they are really, really nice. Cameo came in and was pretty jealous but I must stress its just because my students are 9th graders. There is a weird abyss of evil in the 8th grade at Orem Junior. Anyway, I just felt the love from my students today (and also from my ladies Heather and Jessica - I just love you guys).




ps - its now Wednesday but I thought I should add on here that I got flowers from another student today! Apparently I don't need a man to shower me with gifts, I just need to keep teaching the greatest kids on earth.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

That is so truly, very sweet! I'm glad you are being showered with love. :)

Liz said...

I can see that you are well loved by your students. It makes me proud of you and your yearning to be a junior high school teacher. At times I thought that you were just plumb crazy! Now I can see the wisdom of your decisions and the blessing you are and will be to the lucky students that have you as teacher. I love you Baby!

Lindsay said...

Your students are lame for making me look like a lame sister. I haven't done anything for you--I guess I did make the most delicious cupcakes known to man on Sunday, oh but wait...you couldn't even taste them. I am sorry I am so lame and I think your students are cool.

Heidi Louise said...

That is seriously sweet! I will give you a shout out by closing my right eye to you! ;)