Wednesday, February 4, 2009

UPDATE ON THE PALSY

I am doing so much better now. My taste buds are about 80% accurate now, my smile looks normal, and I no longer have to tape my eye shut at night. I am extremely lucky my little bout with Bells Palsy has been so easy and short. The only visible sign occurs when I am laughing really hard and its noticeable that the right side of my face does not find it as funny as the left.

I got to talk to mom and dad on the webcam a few days ago and they were curious to see what the Palsy looked like but there wasn't much to see. I refused to let them see me when I still looked pretty funny. The only thing they could notice was my delayed reaction blinking. Dad did ask me if I was winking at him.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so happy that you are recovering! yay for Ashley! Tasting food is such a lovely thing... except when you have morning sickness. :(
I mean, obviously that is not your case. So for you, tasting food = happy lady!

kathy w. said...

"...the right side of my face does not find it as funny as the left." That made both side of my face laugh!

You looked great when I ran into you the other day. Glad that you're feeling a bit better.