Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dont ever become "that guy"

This afternoon I was quietly studying for my midterm in a quiet nook of the JFSB. No one is talking around me, there is just the beautiful silence of minds hard at work all studying for the test that might push them over the edge. I was getting some really good study time in and was actually quite focused until "that guy" came walking up and plopped himself in the chair next to me.

He was on his phone so I already wanted to kill him. I gave him the death stare of, "duh, can't you tell this is a place where no one is talking but you and we can all hear what you are saying to Steve on the other line." So not only is he talking but he wasn't even doing the I-am-at-school-on-the-phone-whisper. Once he finally figured out the schedule for his scuba diving class he pulled it out of his back pack: a nasty A meal in gross tupperware - and a plastic fork.

But I also forgot to mention that my dear friend has a breathing problem, meaning he was just breathing. But his breathing is special because he sounded like a freaking lion in heat. It was insane but he wasn't even sick, I know that was just his regular breathing regimine. Well his meal smelled like a junior high boys locker room and apparently the breathing gets worse when he's trying to eat. I grabbed what I could in 3 seconds, didn't even bother backing up, just carried everything I own and took off speed walking down the hall to get away from the loud Breather/Talker/UglyHair/SmellyFood/Tupperware dude.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Ashley, I gotta say I was laughing out loud reading this! Ha ha. I HATE annoying, inconsiderate people like that!

Liz said...

Baby, you need to learn a little tolerance. Just start taking some ear and nose plugs with you so that you never have to be subjected to insensitive people like that ever again!