Friday, October 7, 2011

FUNERAL TIMES

One year ago today was Grammy's funeral.  It was one of the most beautiful services I have ever been to (and unfortunately I have been around the block when it comes to funeral attendance).  Gospel principles were taught and the spirit was absolutely felt.  I listened to the recording of her funeral today and felt the spirit of my Grandmother very close.  I miss her every day.  The grandchildren sang one of Grammy's favorite songs at her funeral, "Fill the World With Love."  The following line is the epitome of my grandmother:  
"And the question I shall ask, only God can answer.  Was I brave and strong and true?  Did I fill the world with love my whole life through?  And she filled the world with love!  Yes she filled the world with love her whole life through."



 

1 comment:

Liz said...

I tried to leave a comment earlier but I guess it did not work. I just wanted to say that I know Grammy is watching over us and at times is given a brief look at how we are striving to honor her legacy. She would be so proud of you Ash!