Wednesday, October 26, 2011

DELTA

Pretty much every company in the world capitalizes on breast cancer awareness month.  It is kind of like you have no heart if you don't promote the pink ribbon on your logo, marquee, napkins, billboards, etc.  Delta is one of those companies.  I have never flown on Delta in the month of October but I will from now on.  All the flight attendants and airport representatives have pink Delta outfits on, they serve pink drinks, they advertise on their screens for BC research, and much more.  When they announced on the PA that pink drinks were available (this was after seeing all the people in their pink wear) I started sobbing.  Yes, public tears.  I was in the middle row between two strangers and they were highly concerned but thankfully didn't try to ask me what was wrong.  I probably cried for 45 minutes because I just love when people support the cause and then I think of my Grammy and then I think of every other grammy or mom or sister that might be fighting.  It was just a bit of an emotional outburst.  Awkward?  Yes.  But whatev.

3 comments:

The Sabeys said...

I LOVE you!

keatseatsblog said...

Yeah. You're awkward. Where were you flying? You didn't fly to Virginia. Why won't you fly to come see meeeeeeeeeeee????

Lindsay said...

Pink outfits. I want to see that so much. Why didn't you take a picture?