Saturday, November 28, 2009

NERVOUS NELLY BUTTERFLIES ARE SETTING IN


The BYU is playing that school north of us today. I am starting to get nervous sick. I love BYU so much, its insane. I am not attending the game today because it just means too much to me. I am recording it and watching it later so I can stay calm and collected. When I watch the cougars play in LaVell Edwards Stadium I totally feel the spirit.

I love BYU so much and hate the color red enough, I get physically ill when I see it. A previous boyfriend loved that other school. I remember walking home with him one night and we got into it over the rivalry. He just couldn't see why I wouldn't hold his hand walking up 9th East while he was wearing that awful sweatshirt in that awful color and that awful logo. I ended up walking home by myself - willingly. I wasn't about to compromise my morals and judgment or he would have won the argument. Obviously we broke up and as I was walking away, sobbing and lonely after the break up, the first thought that came into my head was, "well at least I don't have to marry a Ute fan now." Aren't I horrible? I mean the sadness was there big time but that glimmer of hope about marrying a BYU fan actually did help.

I just need to say how much I LOVE my BYU! I love everything about it. Not just the football team but everything. I love that I was able to go to school there. I love that I am from a cougar family. I love that my nephews know more about BYU football than most grown-ups. I just love it, okay?!!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Gooooooo Cougars!!!!!!! How bout those Coug's winning again? I am glad for you Baby, that your little heart wasn't broken by a lose to those "Utes". Have a wonderful Sunday!

Anonymous said...

When BYU beats Utah I know the church is true for sure.

Chase Eskelsen said...

I will give you the fact that the U needs to fire Kyle Whittingham... He's a loser... other than that... GO UTAH!!!

Chase Eskelsen said...

I will give you the fact that the U needs to fire Kyle Whittingham... He's a loser... other than that... GO UTAH!!!

Michelle said...

I love BYU too! I love it MUCHLY. I am so proud and grateful that I was able to go to school there. People make fun of BYU all the time in Vegas, and I ALWAYS let them know my feelings on the matter. And whenever I see a random family van driving around with the "Y" sticker, my heart fills with pride and joy at the mere thought of that wonderful place. I am pretty sure I left a little piece of my heart at BYU!