Tuesday, December 1, 2009

MISHEARD PHRASES

You know how there are phrases that are common in cultures? Like, "its in the bag" referring to consider it done. When you hear phrases all the time you don't always stop and pay attention to what they really are. Well I am not perfect when it comes to understanding all of these correctly as you can tell by my post about some traumatizing Christmas lyrics. Well this is right along the same lines - but NOT ME this time. I was just grading a student's essay about culture and he referred to his religion and that sometimes "pure pressure" can make it hard to do what he thinks is right. I burst out laughing at my desk, stopped grading his test, and started blogging. This little mistake is so funny to me. Pure Pressure instead of Peer Pressure???!!! This is why I teach junior high ladies and gentlemen, for nuggets of laughter like this. Thanks.

No comments: