Wednesday, November 25, 2009

THOUGHTS ON WORKING HARD AND PLAYING HARD

I work pretty hard. Not really hard, but pretty hard. I like my job and I make a bit of money doing it. I just had this revelation that I was raised in a household that worked really hard and played really hard but how am I ever going to be able to do this for myself? I have had some good playing in the last year but I want to go up it - a lot. I want to go to Israel and Egypt this summer. So in order to play that hard I have to work that much harder. But its not like the harder I work at Orem Junior the more they pay me. Nope, that's not how teacher salary works. If it did however, I think the social studies department would be the highest paid people at the school! So in essence I suppose I am just whining about being poor, missing when momma and daddy were home and spoiled the crap out of us, and wishing I knew how to get an extra $3000 so I could do my Holy Land trip. Any suggestions? Don't even try telling me to sell plasma, not gonna happen. And if your suggestion is to not shop for expensive things I don't really need and save money I will be the first to tell I have tried this and I am not very good at it (hence why I am typing on a brand new Mac I just bought). It's a skill set I was not naturally born with.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

I love that you got a new mac. That just makes me so happy inside, I feel like you should name it so that Leslie's Lady,my Duchess and yours can all be friends. Also I think you might need to blog more about your mac, I feel like it would be a good decision.

Lindsay said...

Plasma--donate it