Friday, November 20, 2009

NOVEMBER 20

Its my birthday today. I turn 24 years old in just 47 minutes (because I was born at 1:07am). I just feel kind of weird about this. I don't like birthdays because there is too much attention on me. I am the personality that likes to sit back and watch things, NOT be watched. So for this reason I kind of dread November 20. But there is one major upside to birthdays. No, not presents. They don't hurt but that's not what I am talking about. I am talking about the "guilted-into-dinner dinner." I love my people, a lot. But there is only 1 day a year where I can make them do what I want and they have to hang out with me. That my friends, is why I love November 20.

Thank you to mother for wanting me enough to not get your tubes tied. Really appreciate it. Thank you dad for not leaving mother when you found out she was pregnant with me when you believed she had gotten her tubes tied. Love to all on this November 20.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL LADY!!!!! I think it is freaking hillarious that your dad thought your mom had had her tubes tied when she really hadn't!! That is too funny. Love you muchly. I sure wish I could take you out for a birthday lunch tomorrow. Or anyday, for that matter.

Anonymous said...

I am very grateful that you were born.

Liz said...

Ash, your dad never thought I had my tubes tied; he just thought we should stop with 5. We BOTH are glad that I heard the prompting that there was still one more to come!