Saturday, February 28, 2009

LUCY

Yesterday was Lucy's 3rd birthday! I cannot believe how old she is getting. I can remember every detail of the day she came into my life. It was an incredibly warm February day (Feb. 27) in Provo so obviously, school was NOT an option. My old roommate and I decided to take a fun day instead. We went bowling, went on a walk, and then fate stepped in and we decided to go to Bingham Cyclery to ride beach cruisers and tandem bikes. I walked into the store and there she was up on a pedestal, calling my name. I chose her to ride for the day.

Just so you guys know, you can ride any bike you want at Bingham Cyclery
just by giving them your drivers licence while you are out joy riding. This
is how Lucy came into my life so I think all of you should go try it. Any bike
in the store to ride for free! Its great. And it was an easy way to try out a
tandem bike.
We rode all over Provo. Best day ever. When we got back to Bingham Cyclery I called my mom and informed/asked her if I could buy a bike. Well she agreed to help out a little with the purchase and I threw in some of my money and viola, Lucy was mine. I rode her home and I was as happy as clam. Happier than any other human being on earth has ever been. Ever since that fateful day Lucy has been my center of gravity, the love of my life. She has always been an inside bike, never spending time outside unless we are on a ride. I could never leave her out there all alone. This might be to the detriment of my roommate relationships because I insist my bike lives inside, preferably in the living room so I can see her often. Here are some pictures chronicling her birthdays past. I love ya Luc!


The greatest day of my life is when Lucy came to me. This picture was taken a few hours after I brought her home. Long live P2.

Lucy's 1st Birthday. I was so proud. Unfortunately the weather was not awesome like the day she came to me. It was actually a nasty blizzard outside. It also didn't help that my lame boyfriend at the time wouldn't let me throw a party for her because he thought that was too strange. He did not appreciate being her surrogate dad at all.

Lucy's 2nd Birthday and first duel party with Josh Groban who shares the same birthday. Leslie and I went to town on their combined birthday parities last year!

Lucy's 3rd birthday and of course another combined celebration for Josh Groban - hence our matching JoGro t-shirts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucy has also brought a lot of joy and sunshine into my life. I am grateful for her presence in our apartment. I cannot believe that her 3rd bday/Josh's 28th bday was yesterday. Time flies. I love our lives.

Liz said...

It seems like yesterday that you called to ask if you could get a bike. It was a pretty special day. Now I have seen the light and I also have my own special bike. I wish that we could ride them together right now. Only 16 more months and I will do just that.

The Ball Babies said...

Hi Ashley - Cousin Kris Ball here...
So I just wanted you to know that having bikes with personalities and such must run in the extended family because Alyssa has one too! (well, we all have bikes, but she's the only one who has named hers!) Yep, Rico Suave is her beloved Electra Cruisin' friend! She rides that thing everywhere - school, work, friends houses, etc. Much better than buying gas and it's good for her and the earth.

She'll be riding that bike all over BYU's campus next fall - do they allow that?

Heidi Louise said...

Only you hon... only you! But this is exactly why I love you! ;)

Whit said...

Oh how I miss Lucy. She was such a pleasant neighbor.