Tuesday, February 10, 2009

RAIN ON MY PARADE

Life seems to be raining on my parade - a lot. From the bells to today's car accident. Yes, I got in a car accident on my way to work this morning. Great stuff. Good thing for me, I am pretty positive about life. It was about 7:30 am and I was slowly making my way to work in the raging winter wonderland. Cameo can testify I am a pretty safe and confident driver in the snow, it does not scare me. Well this morning it didn't scare me either until I hit a patch of black ice, spun around twice without hitting any other cars but did manage to crash my car into the cement median. Fun times. Lets play the Pollyanna "glad game." I am glad I am okay. I am glad it wasn't worse. I am glad my car is strong and kept me safe. I am glad I have a nice family to help me out. I am glad I got to sit in the cop car for almost an hour learning about cop stuff while waiting for the creepy tow truck driver. I am glad the cop that helped me didn't seem to care that there were other places/people he could be helping but stayed with me so I didn't have to hang out alone with the creepy tow truck driver. I am glad that a teacher covered my classes for me. I am glad that I have something to blog about so that you in turn have something to read.

8 comments:

Liz said...

Baby, I am so thankful that you were not hurt. I thought it was so cute of you to play the "Pollyanna Game". I was proud of you for having to be a "real grown-up" today!

The Sabeys said...

And just think... you got to miss first period! Okay... it wasn't worth it. I miss you!

Lindsay said...

Umm....do you think you could have said you were thankful (specifically) for your sister, Lindsay, who volunteered her husband to pick you up. I don't car if you thank Mark, but you should thank me for volunteering him!

Michelle said...

I'm sorry you had an accident. :(
Playing the glad game was definately the right thing to do though. Thank goodness the cop let you sit in his car so you didn't have to hang out alone with the creepy tow truck driver.
One time we had to take a ride with a tow truck driver in the middle of nowhere - somewhere in missouri - he admitted to having killed his ex-wife or something crazy like that. I think i blocked out the memory!

Lani said...

Oh my gosh! Your car IS gone-zo! I hope it gets better soon.

Heidi Louise said...

Continuing on with the glad game... I am glad I had to learn about your car accident from Kyle, Laura's husband, at the Jazz game last night. I love being the last to know.

kathy w. said...

I'm glad you're ok!

Chase Eskelsen said...

Hey, that stinks about your car. Glad you're ok. I also wanted to let you know that I have changed my blog address to chaseandsteph.blogspot.com. I'll call you tonight for a few minutes. Talk to you then.