Thursday, October 16, 2008

RANDOM LIFE STORY: CATTLE SHOOT


Behind the milk house on the family farm was an old, rusty, green cattle shoot. The total lack of friends/neighbors when I was a little kid is what led me to spend my summer days playing in said cattle shoot. Honestly, it was so much fun. I would mess around with all the levers and tools that opened and closed the shoot. Sometimes I would even climb in there and close myself in. This was not as much fun as when I could find a sibling or cousin to play with me and I could put one of them in the cattle shoot. Growing up on a farm with all my family around was the best way to do it. What other kids get to play their days away entertaining themselves with a cattle shoot, climbing a silo, hiding in a milk house, being terrified of a chicken coop, riding horses, climbing trees, or canoeing on a pond? I don't know of many others. I think I owe a shout out to mom and dad for raising me right. Thanks!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hey Baby, thanks for the shoot out! I think your older sisters thought differently when they were little. They have since seen the wisdom of living on a little "farm". It makes me all warm and fuzzy just thinking about all the good times! Does anyone remember "dirt, rock, flower, mud pie"?