Wednesday, June 11, 2008

RANDOM LIFE STORY: BEAVERS

Yesterday I was outside in Provo Canyon when a huge flashback hit me: Beavers. The smell of beavers was in the air. For the fortunate readers of this blog who are from Kaysville, you will understand what I mean by this. It was mix between home+wet wood+stream+outdoors. Thats what beavers smell like and thats what I smelled yesterday.


For those of you who are lost let me fill you in on a few things. I was raised in Kaysville, UT on a "farm." Behind my house there is a field and on the other side of that field is a beaver farm. Marion Rouche, our neighbor and friend, had the beaver farm which included about 30 small cement houses with 5 to 7 beavers in each of them. Going to visit the beavers, petting them, and feeding them was a very special, important, interesting, and fun part of my childhood. I loved when daddy would take us down there to see the beavers. What kid gets to go play with beavers? Probably not many.

Don't all go getting jealous because you too can visit beavers one day if you are lucky (except for Leslie and Corey because they are lame and don't think it would be fun). Just go to Kaysville and enjoy. Oh, while you are there you should probably go to Grannie's and get a scone and cinnamon roll for the road. They're mo-licous (which means MOre than delicious).

Josh and I had a good time remembering some beaver stories in the car so I decided that I will occasionally post about random stories from my past that are unique, weird, and probably only interesting to me. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

We all know that I think beavers are interesting--they saved my life! I am going to really enjoy the random stories and may even copy cat you.

The Masons said...

Good old Kaysville! The other day I was reminiscing about old times and telling Ian about our paper route. Like how I broke the window/door (whatever it was!) and how we threw all the papers in the dumpster that one time and so many other memories from our days in the trailer park, ha ha good times!

Anonymous said...

are we really surprised that i don't want to pet beavers? not really considering how much i love animals and all...i still want to see a picture of you with the famous kaysville beavers.

Anonymous said...

What a Re-Re... Actually I'm just jealous, I wish I could have had a cool beaver story. Oh, and I did comment on your blog...