Monday, June 23, 2008

LEMONADE STAND

The other day Lindsay, Josh, and I were driving in a very, very nice neighborhood in Holladay. What we found was appalling. Gone are the days of the old school lemonade stand on the side of the road. The lemonade stand we found was stainless steel with a cooler built into it. No homemade parts of any kind. Not even the lemonade! The brat kids whose trust funds are more than I will ever make in ten lifetimes were out there selling cans of Country Time Lemonade. Can you believe it? Not only was this lemonade stand offensive to my childhood and kids' imaginations but there were actually people buying this crap. There were about 5 people waiting to purchase their $2 can of lemonade. Gees.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I guess it's good they weren't selling Mike's Hard Lemonade (the alcoholic lemonade). We should have mugged them--I bet that doesn't happen in their fancy schmancy neighborhood.