Friday, May 23, 2008

JAGUAR




I'm a Jaguar now!!! I will be teaching at Orem Junior High School next year! I could go on and on with exclamation points because no one will ever understand how excited I am. This is going to be such a good job and I am so happy. After 6 different interviews I knew I was going to find the perfect fit. My interview here lasted 2 hours people! I chatted with the entire social sciences department for over an hour on topics ranging from kids, discipline, marriage, Nordstrom, Diet Coke (the supposed drink from the Gods for teachers but I think I will stick with Dasani). I mean we just talked about everything and they were all so nice. The best part is that I walked into the classroom and there was my friend Allison Jensen from my program at BYU. She also got hired on for next year so I get to work with her! She is one of the most amazing people I have ever met (she actually lived next door to Grandma and Grandpa in Germany). I will do a few things over the summer with the social sciences department and my first required day with the district is August 11! I am so happy, nothing can get in my way. I hope everyone can have their dreams and goals all come together like mine just have. My dream was simple: to teach junior high. Here I am seizing it! I have to give a shout out to my mom and dad and friends and family who coached me through this long waiting period. Love to you all.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Baby, I am so proud of you! I just knew that you would find "the perfect job" because you are the "perfect girl". It is such a "tender mercie" when prayers are answered in such a powerful way. I love you bunches and grundles. MOM

Lindsay said...

Oh good, you don't start until August 11th--You can spend the whole day of August 7th celebrating my birthday. Congratulations!! I have secretly always reminded me of a jaguar, so it is perfect.

Em said...

You're going legit....good job baby!

Heidi Louise said...

You are pretty grown up now... Sucks to be you! Welcome to the grown up world. I don't think we can call you baby anymore. LOL