Thursday, March 20, 2008

TEACHING FAIR LUNCH

Another fair, another lunch. Today was the teacher fair at BYU and while it was actually really important for my future, one of the best parts was free lunch. By lunch I mean mini candy bars, water, fruit, and cookies.

But the swag at the teacher fair totally trumped the housing fair. I got a gazillion pens, 7 markers, 1 frisbee, 3 calenders, 2 post-it pads, and 0 jobs. Before you all go out feeling bad and awkward that I didn't get a job, its okay. I still have another year before they can hire me as as a solo teacher, not a BYU contracted teacher.

I also got to see a lot of my school friends that are out doing student teaching right now. They looked like they had aged and been through a war. That is their analogy, not mine. Yes, thats what one of them referred to student teaching as. The short release they got for the teacher fair was well earned. Oh, I just can't wait to get all teacher haggered and come home with pencils and paper in my hair. Yeah, its gonna be great.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hey sweet cheeks, I love you regardless of whether the fair landed you a job today. If I had my way. you'd still be a little kid and I would be home spoiling you rotten. Oops, I guess I already did that!