Sunday, March 23, 2008

DISNEYLAND '08

Well I just had the most whirlwind trip of my life and let me tell you what a great idea it was. We - Leslie, Alisha, Heather, Lani, Jessica, Josh, Corey, and I - drove down to Vegas and got there late Friday night. After everyone got 3 hours of sleep (except for me and Lani who didn't sleep at all) we got up to start our drive to the happiest place on earth. We drove from 4 am - 9 am and finally arrived in Disneyland.

We spent a magical day there in the SUN! Thats right folks it was warm and I can't even explain to you how much I deserved the sunshine. After the last 5 months of walking to school everyday in freezing cold and usually snow, I DESERVED THE SUNSHINE! At one point Leslie, Corey, and I ended up standing by a line (no, not in the line, by the line because we decided it was too long) sweating to death in the hot sun. But we were all okay with it because we knew we had to appreciate it while we could.

I hadn't been to Disneyland in well over 15 years and I only had 3 previous memories
  1. eating a churro that tasted delicious
  2. a train rollercoaster
  3. Honey I Shrunk the Kids

Now I have tons of funny, happy, and tiring memories of my trip and Disneyland.

Because of my limited knowledge of the park I didn't realize that lines were long and rides were short. But I am still sticking to the fact that it was so worth it! My favorite ride of all was my previous memory # 2, Thunder Mountain. I loved it because I love Western history. We rode through a red rock mountain, saw prospectors and miners, and we were on a train (which being a conductor is my dream job). The funniest part was Josh getting absolutely drenched on Splash Mountain. I mean water was drippig off of him. Fortunately it was our last ride but unfortunately it was at night so he was freezing and angry.

There are just a million stories and memories that if you ever see me laughing alone at nothing in particular, I am laughing about those. Leslie and I have only been home a couple of hours and have found each other in laughing fits many times. Some of those memories include an asolutely awful 5 hour drive back to Vegas after a full day of play and no sleep the night before, hand puppets, getting lost in the car, Heather's shirt, little kids being terrified of Corey, losing Lani, being with my brother, Corey driving the Jeep, Alisha's fantastic and kind family, and just having a weekend away!

Momma, I will post some pictures tomorrow for you! Oh and happy Easter everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, and yet again I make an idiot of myself as I am trying to contain my laughter in the computer lab. I also found myself walking to class and trying to not laugh as I thought about Car #1 driving to Reno. Good times.

Liz said...

Hi baby cakes, thanks for the fun photos. I love to check for blog updates. They make me smile. I hope that you can recover from no sleep and that it won't affect your school work. Just think, your so close to no more school! (Well at least in the traditional sense of the word) Love ya tons!