Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pink in the Rink

The Utah Grizzlies had a breast cancer benefit hockey game, Pink in the Rink, and of course I was there. There was a big group of us that came and it was a lot of fun. The ice was pink, the uniforms were pink, and the hockey sticks were pink! Oh, i just loved it. Son wore my pink breast cancer visor, Daniel had on my breast cancer sweat band (which we didn't photograph - silly), and I was covered in breast cancer ribbons - nine in total. THe other people weren't sporting any BC pride but they sure came out to support it and I it made me so happy. Jessica and Heather got to squeeze into my car with Daniel, Eric, and Leslie. What troopers they were. Josh and the other Heather came also to add more supporters to our numbers. Lani even came with her throat raw from her intense concert the night before... Then Ashton and her husband came with her brother, Caleb, and her friend Kip. It was all around breast-cancer-supporting-hockey-game-watching-amazingness. Yes that is a word by the way. I spent most of the night trying to dance my way onto the jumbo-tron. My dream was never fulfilled by my moves were great. The night was so much fun and it was great to have all my people there supporting breast cancer. Thanks for coming guys!








4 comments:

Laura said...

you know I'm sorry I missed it.. I do support you and breast cancer a lot

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

Baby, you look "pretty in pink". I wish that I could have been there to see it too. I would be very surprised if there was any one as supportive of "Breast Cancer Awareness", as you are. Keep up the good work and know that this momma loves ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsay said...

pink in the rink sounds like something that is dirty! Like something highschool boys say. You look good when you are fighting for the cause. You need a super hero name, I will think of one and get back to you. The way you buy breast cancer products reminds me of when we used to tease Jen about trying to singlr handedly save the economy after 9/11.