Sunday, October 7, 2007

Breast Cancer Facts

  • every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer
  • breast cancer is the 3rd most common cause of cancer deaths
  • 1 in 8 chance of getting breast cancer
  • 5 % of breast cancer cases are hereditary with the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes
  • with the BRCA gene mutatation, there is a 80% chance of developing breast cancer
  • diet, alchol, hormone levels, and physical environment are factors in breast cancer
  • mammography has reduced breast cancer deaths by 30%

2 comments:

Liz said...

Thanks for the info, sweetcheeks. I had your eternal companion at my house today. J/K (kind of). I hope that you will post some more b.c. info, cause you never know whose life it might save.

Lindsay said...

For a second I thought Mom was writing you about birth control?!?! You spelled alcohol wrong by the way. Also, tag you're it. Go to my blog to read the rules.