Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I like TREATS more than tricks

We had our ward Halloween party, a Trunk-or-Treat. I was there for roughly fifteen minutes because I don't really love my ward but the fifteen minutes I participated in were great. I love having Son in my ward because he is great and because I hate being alone. Seeing him at the party was out of control funny.

Let me tell you a little story about his costume. Josh went as some black dude from Alias. Yes, black. If you don't remember, Joshie is white, very white. He showed up at my doorstep half-way painted black. He nearly scared my roommates to death. Well, he couldn't finish painting himself or get dressed because it was wet. I had to go over to his house, help him get his clothes off, help him get dressed, and help him re-apply the paint to his very sweating nose. That was funny. I kept just dripping off. Anyway, he got all dressed and looked great.

I went as Breast Cancer Awareness of course. I am usually a princess every year (in a pink dress actually) but my dress was in K-town. I had on my BC gloves, bracelets, pins, socks, etc. I was pink head to toe - literally. I gave out BC candy (thanks to Albertsons for selling BC stuff!) to the folks and spread BC joy.

Then my FHE family (of which I am the mother) performed our rendition of the Thriller dance. Can you tell I was in charge? They all did awesome. We had practice for over an hour to get that down. It was a lot of fun. So after my few minutes of being social with strangers (mom be sure to tell dad I did that and I'm working on it) I left. Enjoy the pictures of my Halloween time.




2 comments:

Liz said...

So baby, what's up with your brother? He looks like he stayed in the sun for a little too long. I still can't figure out how all my kids ended up loving Halloween, when their mother dreaded it like the plague! Have a Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BagLady said...

Umm, Josh would have been burned at the stake if he had donned that costume here. How did I raise a racist?