Friday, May 4, 2012

AUBURN FASHION

I witnessed the most unbelievable trend while visiting the Sabey clan in Auburn, Alabama.  The trip down south was wonderful but I see every time I go to the South, it is a different world.  The fashion world at Auburn should be trending on the internet because it is a fascinating, different world.  Mr. and Mrs. Sabey had warned Camille and I about the "running shorts and baggy t-shirts" trend but I didn't really believe it.  Well I spent an entire morning learning to believe it and took these photos as evidence.  I have never seen something like this before: 90% of the female students where the exact same type of Nike running shorts, baggy shirts, and unkempt hair.  Granted, I attended college at Brigham Young University where a lot of the student body looks like they are ready for prom when they attend class but this Auburn look is pretty lazy and shabby for going out in public.  I took over 150 pictures so that I could prove my point to the world so I hope these few give you an idea of just how many girls wear this "outfit."  Weirdest.  Phenomenon.  Ever!














This one is my favorite because it is just a sea of thighs.  Lots and lots of thighs.

FYI: the two people in the background wearing pants are with me - they are not Auburn fashionistas



Yes, we were judged for being in regular clothes.  No joke.




4 comments:

Derek and Lisa said...

I have been waiting for this post!!

keatseatsblog said...

Looks normal to me!

Kidding :)

But seriously.

Lindsay said...

What in the world? Jaimee says they dress like slobs in Boston too. Bizarre! So we would be over dressed in our velour suits?

Sarah C. said...

That is EXACTLY how girls dress in Dallas! I have commented on it multiple times in absolute disbelief.