Wednesday, March 30, 2011

INVISIBLE CHILDREN

This is one of the most powerful documentaries I have ever seen. I show this film every year during the slavery unit in 9th grade world civ. I literally look forward to this day all year. I have kids with some pretty rough backgrounds and home life. This movie puts things into perspective for them. My students get to see how bad life can really be. Yes, my students may have 1 parent homes, be in abusive situations, have non-supportive parents, etc. The kids that they see in this movie are kidnapped and forced into rebel armies. They are trained killers as young as 5 years old. Teaching doesn't get better than this. I love showing students what the world is really like. The best part is I show them a clip at the end about things they can do to help donate. I always have students come to me before the end of the year and tell me that they donated or purchased something from Invisible Children. If you have not see this documentary PLEASE SEE IT. It is a story that humanity needs to know and share.

If you have seen and you want to donate to Invisible Children go to:

http://store.invisiblechildren.com/all

I recommend the bracelet.

No comments: