Thursday, July 22, 2010

NO LIFE JACKETS ON THE NILE


It just hit me that while I spent 2 days sailing on the Nile River, there were no life jackets (life preservers, PFD, whatever you want to call them). Nothing! Not really shocking because I never wore a seat belt during my excursions in Egypt either. Can you imagine a western cruise line not doing the muster drill or having life boats? No. Well the cruise ships in Egypt only have 6 life boats. Egypt does things their way. Just a thought that came to me that kind of exemplified Egypt. Jessica and Lani will understand. I will say that our time on the Felucca boat was by far my favorite part of the entire trip. "More than seeing the pyramids," you ask? Absolutely! In the above picture we see Kristen, Lani, Sophie, Jessica, and myself enjoying ourselves. In the picture below you see the Felucca (just a strange type of sailboat).

No comments: