Tuesday, July 20, 2010

NO PICTURES AND INCEPTION

This blog has no logical ties or connections. I just wanted to post some pictures from Egypt and Amsterdam and talk about the movie I saw last night. The thing is I am not going to put any pictures up. I have tried, unsuccessfully, three times to post some pictures and my blog rejects them. Oh well. I went, I had fun, it was hot. That's the most you are going to get until I start figuring out what stories from my travels I want to tell.

Onto Inception. Go see it, I think. If you have seen it, tell me what you thought. I knew the minute it was over I would 100% be dreaming about it that night. I did. Boy do I know myself. It was a trippy concept with an ending that you kind of have to decide about. I hate that. I love movies to tell me what to think, how to love, who to hate, how to date, and so on. Inception left it up to the viewer (again, I think). Another thing about this movie and movies like it is that they make me feel stupid. My brain can hardly comprehend the story, how do people have the intelligence and creativity to create the story??? Hmmm...drugs? Maybe. All I know is that I liked it. It bugged me. It challenged me. It made me dream crazy ace things. Was I the only one out there that had all these thoughts and feelings?

3 comments:

Holly Belnap said...

So... totally felt the same way. Literally ditto to everything you just said.
I was having a panic attack after the show because of it. Its like poems, everyone interprets them for themselves? No. I just want to know how the writer wanted it to end... Christopher Nolan is so rude for doing that to us..

Michelle said...

I didn't see the movie, but I have heard the same basic response from others. I know what you mean about feeling stupid when you can barely follow a story let alone fathom writing it!!
I am so glad you got to go to Egypt and Amsterdam. Traveling is awesome. And one day when you are a mom, you won't feel like you missed out, because you will have done many lovely, great things with yourself.
I have been out of the loop for quite a while, but am back to blogging again. If you have time for a read, you could check my blog out and see what I did the last 14 months! But seriously, I don't think anyone will read all that business. Anyway, it's fun to catch up on my sweet Ashley. I love you!

Michelle said...

I just wrote this super long comment and it somehow got deleted!
Anyway, I haven't seen the movie, but have heard basically the same response from everyone who did. I totally know what you mean about barely being about to follow a story and then feeling dumb because you can't even fathom writing it. Oh well! I am glad you got to go to Egypt and Amsterdam! That is so awesome. Traveling is wonderful... usually. Sounds like it was for you.
I've been out of the blogging world for awhile, so it is fun to see what you've been up to again.
Love you!