Tuesday, December 9, 2008

NOVEMBER SHOWERS BRING BIRTHDAY FLOWERS

Well November (aka the greatest month ever) is usually a good one for me because I tend to get older around this time. This November was pretty good in the birthday department. I had a good birthday, got some good presents, saw some great friends, ate some good food, snacked on delicious baked goodies, and got to be with all my students! Whats not to love about that? Well maybe the fact that mom and dad were missing from the whole thing but other than that the day was great.

I have to be honest, I was a little worried that the day would be a bust. I missed momma and daddy, I got some pretty bad news on birthday eve, and I didn't know what the school day had in store for me. Birthday greatness started off the day before with a beautiful delivery of flowers from Joshy. They were so gorgeous! Thank you son, you really don't even know what that did for me. Then I arrived at school on the day of all days - November 20 - and was showered with gifts from my students. That wasn't expected. Here is a candy poster one of my favorite students made for me:I got some very sweet cards, delicious candy, amazing renditions of happy birthday from screaming and off key teenagers, lunch from Janet, flowers from Heidi, balloons from Mom and Dad, Red Mango with my ladies, and kindness from my kids. All in a days work! The flowers and balloons continually being delivered to my room was a little embarassing but just the sweetest things ever. And my kids really were nice to me! They quieted down and sushed each other with "hey, be quiet now because its her birthday. its the only day we have to be quiet."

After school I met up with the fam for a birthday dinner at Spag Fag. I returned home to magic muffins (it was no longer too soon) from Leslie that I literally devoured. I had some friends come and eat cake and ice cream with me. I must thank Leslie, Alisha, Ashton, Chris, Lani, Heather, Jessica, Kyle, all of the brothers, Justin, Laura, Kyle, Chalet, Paul, and my VT for helping me celebrate the big 23! Big thanks to the fam for putting up with me for the last 23 years. You are all the best.

5 comments:

The Sabeys said...

It was a good day. And I am pretty sure you need to make one more post about a very special letter.

kathy w. said...

Happy Birthday!

Laura said...

yeah happy birthday- we were there too remember?! plus i still owe you money-

Chase Eskelsen said...

What was the bad news? That your little "cougars" got spanked by the UTES? :)

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday beautiful lady! I wish I could have been there to give you a big hug.
Also, I miss hearing you sing along with the radio. I have this random memory of you (with earphones on) screaching some song from Les Miserables. It was great, because you didn't even attempt to sing on tune. On a different note, I cannot believe you are 23! You are all grown up. I'm glad so many people made you feel so special on your big day!