Tuesday, July 29, 2008

IF IT AINT BAROQUE DON'T FIX IT

Well folks, it is "Baroque" and by that I mean my toe. The extremely clever blog title is actually an art history joke that you lesser humans just wouldn't understand. Anyway, the point of this post is not to let you all know how smart I am, it is to make you all feel bad for me. I experienced a very painful "tripping" incident on Saturday that resulted in this:

Do you feel bad for me yet? You should! I would put a picture up of what my foot looks like without the bandage but I don't think you want to see it. Personally, I haven't even seen what it looks like because bodily trauma is not my thing. But the nasty description I got from my family and seeing the toenail that the doctor removed was enough. Heidi and Josh helped me to the ER where the doctor (who reminded me very much of Sydney Herring, the uber-happy doctor on Grey's Anatomy) tied on a tourniquet and injected two needles into my very tender toe. I will spare you anymore details other than to say it's seriously messed up and my little nail may never grow back. The most horrifying part of this whole ordeal is that I love my toes. You can ask anyone what my favorite body part is and toes will be the reply. In fact I was just having a conversation with Corey the other day about how pretty my feet are and how I have perfect toes. He even agreed with me and if you know us, we don't agree on much. Now many of you may be wondering how this actually occurred. I cannot tell you because I do not know. All that happened was that I slipped while stepping into the pool and I was holding my nephew Bennett. The next thing I knew I was in utter agony while my family looked on with disgusted faces at what was left of my beautiful middle toe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of that one time before I left when you hit your finger or something like that. You were going nuts and I had just gotten up from a nap and I didn't know what to do...but this looks way worse. You are so strong.

Lani said...

I love that your joke/quote is from Beauty and the Beast. And I'm sad that I know that. Also, would seeing James Taylor on Monday night fix your toe? Because I think it might. So come.

kathy w. said...

So sad! Your toe will still be cute, even if it has an owie.

Heidi Louise said...

Disgusting was right... but maybe this is a lesson that you have now learned that you shouldn't be so vain. Kidding... I really am sorry hon. I know it hurt like H$*@
Notice how I hid that swear word since you live in Provo. Good work, eh?