Monday, October 1, 2012

BREAST CANCER MONTH: DAY 1

Welcome to October, also known as the best month of the year.  Everyday this month I am going to showcase some piece of Breast Cancer paraphernalia that I have.  Some are weird.  Some are very special.  Some are classy.  Day 1 BC item: Rubber Ducky


I love my BC rubbery ducky.  There is a little button on the bottom that makes the whole thing light up in different colors - adorable.  I have about five of these Rubber Duckies.  It used to be six but my first year teaching I had one on my desk and the very first time I ever had a substitute teacher a student stole it off my desk. When I got back and saw that it was stolen I was heartbroken.  However, a group of students made pink signs saying "lost ducky" and put them all over the school. It was so kind and so darling.  I did not get my rubber ducky back but I did find out his fate - a student has stored it in their locker and then threw it away when they thought they might get into trouble for it.  Stupid kids.  Stupid cancer too.

No comments: