Sunday, November 20, 2011

WHY I AM NOT MARRIED

Answer: my birthday.  Don't get confused, stay with me.  Every year on my birthday I make the same wish when I blow out my candles.  I started making this wish when I was probably 6 or 7 years old.  I always wish to marry and orphan so I don't have to share family time (don't judge me).  I wished for that again today.  I am starting to think that birthday wishes do come true and that is why I am not married because I have never met an eligible orphan.  But then again, maybe birthday wishes don't come true because I never got to dance with Patrick Swayze to "Time of Your Life."

4 comments:

Laura said...

You could theoretically "run" into Patrick Swayze in the next life....Have faith in those wishes!

Michelle said...

Hilarious! You may not really want an orphan, though. Think about all the emotional issues! But maybe someone who had a perfect family that was tragically killed in a plane crash after reaching adulthood? Nah, that guy would still have issues. And he would talk endlessly about how awesome his family was, and compare your family's weaknesses (I know, there aren't any) to his family's strengths. You know what? I think you should just go with a guy who's family lives on the other side of the country (or world), making it impractical to get together with them on holidays.
Wow, I really feel better having come up with that solution for you! :)

Liz said...

The only reason you have not met "Mr. Right" yet is because he still perfecting himself so he can be worthy of you! (The orphan thing is truly not important).

Lindsay said...

Umm...you can dance with Patrick in Heaven once he converts. He isn't going to put Baby in the corner!