Wednesday, August 17, 2011

REGRETS


I am sitting on my back porch blogging the night before school starts. Only a select few know what thoughts are rolling through my head (Allison, Cameo, Sarah, Lisa, fellow teachers). I have the weirdest job because I love it so much but I dread going back at the end of summer. Looking at an entire school year from the very beginning its an extremely daunting task. All the things I have to accomplish in the next ten months just makes me so tired already. Last summer was effing awesome. This summer was not-ish. My regrets are as follows:

1. not getting out to see Cam in 'Bama

2. not skydiving more because it is awesome

3. only finishing three projects at my house (new granite counter tops, hanging curtains, and my luscious garden)

4. not exploring Utah enough

5. not doing enough service

6. refusing to go organize my classroom

7. not buying one of everything at world market

8. not realizing the joys of pinterest until mid June

9. sitting for a combined 123 hours in the classes I had to take

10. not getting Kathe's house painted

11. And to top it all off, my Mrs. Petersen left me. What am I going to do???



3 comments:

Sarah C. said...

I hear it, Ash. 100%. Last night was really rough for me, too. Looking at my students today was rough as well. 10 months is too much for me to even think about right now.

Michelle said...

#7 on your list of regrets is DEFINITELY my favorite!!

Seriously,though, even though I am not a teacher, I can appreciate the sense of overwhelm. Sometimes I have to give myself pep talks to stave off crazihood associated with so much responsibility and so much work (did I mention that I am YW president in my ward?). I can imagine that looking at the year in front of you does feel daunting. Fortunately, though, you have to only do it one day at a time. Sometimes being a grown up really stinks.
By the way, I just want to remind you that I love you and think you are amazing! We may be headed up north in a couple of weeks... where do you live exactly (like which city)? If possible, I would love to stop and give you a big fat hug!

The Sabeys said...

#1 should be your biggest regret. I think you need to make up for that and visit twice in the next year. Leo B NEEDS ashley B. I think you better by some plane tickets soon... otherwise I am going to think it won't happen.