Thursday, August 18, 2011

FORCED TO BE POSITIVE

Referring to the post I just wrote two hours ago, I need to be more positive. I decided to listen to some conference talks before going to bed. I randomly chose October 2009, Priesthood session, President Uchtdorf. What is this talk about? WORK! Loving work, working hard, being positive about work, etc. He spoke about loving his job of delivering laundry on his bicycle. I get it. Lesson learned. Stop wining that you just got a two month break. Stop wining that life is so hard that I have to go to work tomorrow. Stop thinking that going back to school is the worst thing in the world. Stop thinking that work is so hard and tiring. Seriously. I love that I randomly landed on this talk. Chance? Nope. I needed to hear it.

Side note, he also mentioned that working will upgrade your resume for marriage. True? We'll see.

2 comments:

Haskell's said...

I think you are the best teacher in the entire world, not to mention the best looking. That can be exhausting to be that all the time! It's ok to be on the negative side:) you know me I'm on that side a lot. I sure do love you!!

Lani said...

Wait - what? Did you have students today? I thought you had another week?!?! Not knowing is making me anxious.