Tuesday, June 21, 2011

TX

I took a trip to Austin. An extremely over-due trip to Austin. Over Memorial Day weekend I flew to the Texas to visit Heather. I met up with Sarah and Jessica as well and we had a grand (all be it sweaty and humid) time. Saturday started off with a meat lunch at Rudy's. Delicious. Later we went and toured Lake Austin. Nobody told me that Texas could be so green. We spent the day on a boat and the night at a delicious restaurant on the pier. I had never been so happy for cool, evening temperatures. Well, maybe Egypt was worse. But still, TX was hot.

On Sunday we did some worshiping and driving tours of the Austin area. We drove all the way around the Lake Austin area. After getting home we got to do Satin Hands and Satin Lips with Heather's Mary Kay genius mother


Unfortunately, Monday was the day to go home. We ate lunch in downtown Austin near the church streets. Mormons, Jews, Baptists, Scientologist, etc. More religion than Utah! Then it was a fun drive up to Houston for our departure. It was a VERY short trip but ever so wonderful to see Heather in her natural Texan environment.





Sarah, Heather, Jeff, and myself hanging out on the lake















Touring the trailer foods district of downtown Austin. Cupcake from a trailer? Yes, please.















What was the name of my cupcake you ask, MICHAEL JACKSON! Of course I chose that one.
















Darling Sarah enjoying some Rudy's BBQ sauce.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Agggh, I love it! But your visit was way too short. I think I need about 6 more weekends like that, please and thank you.