Tuesday, June 7, 2011

THE ONLY LIE

My dear Grammy was the sweetest and most innocent lady that ever walked this earth. One of my favorite stories about her is the one lie she told. I mean SHE ONLY TOLD ONE LIE EVER! She lived 83 years and only told one lie!!! And she wasn't lying about only telling one lie. She was so ashamed she ever told it. Here is her one and only:

When she was in junior high she struggled with history (this is the reason she told me the story in the first place, because I love and teach histor
y). Her teacher was not a very kind woman and in Grammy's words, "was not the best at getting me to understand information." By that, she meant she was a sucky teacher. She had a big history test that she was so nervous for. She didn't know how or what to study, so she just didn't. The day of the test came and she was so upset about the possibility of failing that she told the teacher she was sick and needed to go home. She didn't want to take the test so she lied about being sick.

That's it! That is her one lie!!! Can you believe it? Can you believe I am even related to a woman that pure and wonderful?

Grammy @ the age of her "lie"

2 comments:

mamagale said...

I love this story--and you look like your honest, upright Grammy!

Lindsay said...

Grammy and I are the same! The only difference is I tell that lie at least once a week!!