Tuesday, January 4, 2011

PRO TV

People who say things like, "oh I don't own a TV" or "I am not a TV watcher" really bother me. Don't think you are awesome for a) trying to get us to think TV is awful and b) lying about not watching it . I love TV and I love celeb gossip. And the best part is, watching all the shows I love makes me more interesting. I can keep up with any conversation about television along with discussions about, movies, religion, love, history, politics, etc. Watching TV hasn't made me dumb at all. I actually love it because I can catch those little hints of pop culture or history they throw in there. I will put it out in the world what shows I am willing to waste time watching. Here are my current shows in no particular order

  1. Psych
  2. Parks and Rec
  3. Grey's Anatomy
  4. Keeping Up With the Kardashians
  5. 30 Rock
  6. Anything HGTV/DIY
  7. The Office
  8. 16 and Pregnant/Teen Mom
  9. Bachelor/Bachelorette/Bachelor Pad
  10. Glee
  11. Giuliana and Bill
  12. Cougar Town
  13. Lie to Me
  14. Secret Life of the American Teenager
  15. Modern Family
  16. One Tree Hill
  17. Parenthood
  18. Oprah
  19. Private Practice

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thank you for being honest. I always feel so guilty when people say they don't have a TV or else that they only let their kids watch it like once a week. I like TV too. I mean, all things in moderation. But I love to sit down and watch a good sitcom. I still watch the Nanny late at night sometimes with my hubby! It's relaxing, and it is nice to not be the clueless one when someone makes a reference to a popular TV show (not that the Nanny falls into that catagory, but we do watch other shows too - not as many as you, but some!)
And hello, have you noticed that people without a TV rarely know what is going on in the world? I had a friend once tell me that he and his wife got most of their "news" from facebook. I think that is downright pathetic! Balance, people, balance! TV is not evil!

Anonymous said...

SAME here! You have blogged my thoughts exactly. I hate people who don't watch TV or think they are above it. TV has made my life better in every way.