Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I LOVE HAVING SMRT FRIENDS

This post can go one of two ways, 1) my friend looks smart or 2) I look dumb. But here it is anyway.

I really have some of the smartest friends on the block. Their accomplishments include but are not limited to: college diplomas, graduate school, careers, interns, living in real cities, etc. I can count on anyone of them to have an answer or well thought out opinion on any topic.

Case in point: Heather. She had a wonderful "vacation" here in the Provo last week. While we enjoyed our nightly read-ourselves-to-sleep-in-silence-but-loving-each-others'- company, I experienced a wonderful moment. While reading Undaunted, there was a word that I recognized but never knew how to pronounce it. I could infer from the text what it meant but I asked her, "Heather, what does the word E-N-N-U-I mean and how do you say it?" She knew. Didn't even bat a lash. Didn't fluster. Didn't brain fart. Spit it out like any brilliant human would. It made me super happy. I will continue to be happy that I managed to get smart people to befriend me, especially because I hate dumb people.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I always thought I was pretty sharp, but now I feel like a tard. I have never heard that word before! Not only do I not know how to pronounce it, I don't even know what it is. So, please enlighten me... because now it looks like YOU are the smart one!

Heather said...

OMG, A POST JUST FOR ME! Oh wow. Ohhhh wow, just wow. I'm so excited right now. I just really love you and miss reading with you and I'll pronounce anything for you ever. Okay, whew. I gotta go lie down...

Lindsay said...

So, don't leave me hanging! How do you pronounce it and what does it mean?

Alisha said...

So I didnt know what that meant either....so I looked it up... and here is what I learned

–noun
a feeling of utter weariness and discontent resulting from satiety or lack of interest; boredom: The endless lecture produced an unbearable ennui.
Pronounced:ahn-wee

whew... I love new words