Friday, August 20, 2010

DADDY MADE MY DAY


It is neat to have parents again. To be honest, sometimes I forget that they are around. I kind of got used to orphan-dom the past three years. Since president and sister's return, our fam has done fabulous things like Kaysville 4th of July, Staycation, Lake Powell, Midway reunion, etc. Well today was the greatest day of all of those and let me tell you why.

School started this week and we had a faculty lunch in the OJH cafeteria. I was up adding some delicious chips from Cafe Rio to my plate when I hear someone whisper my name. I looked around and it was my daddy. He came to say hi and take me to lunch, just because he was near OJH and could! I had already eaten and he had to get back to his meetings so he just gave me a hug and left. By far the best surprise ever. Best visit ever. Best dad ever. As he walked away I started crying because it was absolutely the nicest thing in the world and I just didn't want him to go.

1 comment:

Haskell's said...

I really like your daddy!!