Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A MAN AT WENDY'S CHANGED MY LIFE

Josh and I went inside of a Wendy's today. Very rare because why would you go inside when you can stay in your car and not be seen in public. I wasn't even eating but I told him I would go with him but we had to go inside. Again, why? I guess so this sweet man could change my life. A man in his early 70's walked up to the cashier and handed her a five dollar bill while saying, "I just wanted to give you this tip because you really deserve it. Thank you." The girl's countenance changed. It was like a little blessing of happiness now rested upon her. All from this man's gesture of $5! But it changed me as well. When do you ever tip the lady at Wendy's who takes your order? Never. When are you that gracious to strangers? Never. I just want the world to know that the kindness of one stranger to another changed me today. Forever.

Just an added note: the man ate alone inside the restaurant and seemed so happy.

1 comment:

Lani said...

Um, that is a weird comment written in Asian. Also - that is very sweet and I'm glad I read it.