Friday, March 19, 2010

COMPARISONS

I love to look back at my life and compare where I am today verses where I was in times previous. As Leslie well knows, this can be in any time reference. "Can you believe _____ ago...." Week. Month. Year. Yesterday. Whatever it is, I just like to see how much my life has changed. And I especially love the game, "if someone would have told you a year ago that ____ was going to happen would you believe it?" Here are a few things I have been thinking of lately.

1. One year ago (March 14) I went through the temple. Now I am an ordinance worker at the Provo Temple. I love it!

2. Two years ago this weekend 8 people gathered together in Disneyland for one of the greatest and funniest weekends of my life.

3. Three years ago I was bringing home the bacon from Deer Valley. Man, that seems like centuries ago.

4. Last weekend I was skiing at Deer Valley

5. Last year at this time I didn't know if I would have a job. Now I am thankfully still at Orem Junior and hope to never leave.

6. For the last 6 years I have rented and lived in 9 apartments. Now I get to be my own landlord because I am buying a house.

7. Sadie died five years ago this month.

8. Seven months ago I was gearing up for my 2nd year of teaching to start. Now its almost over.

9. 995 days ago mom and dad still lived in Kaysville

10. One year ago I successfully recovered from my little bout with Bells Palsy

11. If you would have told me two years ago that Corey Mounteer would be married to the other Ashley and have a kid I would have easily put $5,000 in a bet against you

12. When I first started working with Allison if you would have told me she would marry Kyle, I would have laughed so hard for a really long time

13. If you would have told me when I was 14 that I was really going to become a teacher I would have cried tears of joy

14. If you would have told me two months ago that I was going to buy a house I would have slapped you in the face for being stupid

15. If you would have told me three years ago that I would actually enjoy Mom and Dad's mission and be happy for them I would have told you I hate you and I hate missionaries.

3 comments:

kathy w. said...

Things change, eh? Good luck with house hunting. (Or have you already found the place? Pictures, please!)

Michelle said...

Oh Ashley, I love you so much! Reading this made me smile. I do that ALL the time!! Like, if someone would have told me 4 years ago that I would have 2 kids I wouldn't believe it. And, if someone would have told me a year ago when we got kicked out of the house we were renting and moved in with my mom temporarily while we bought a house that we would STILL be looking for a house, I probably would have thrown up or passed out! Life is full of crazy surprises... some blissfully wonderful, some just horrible.
I am so glad to hear that you are actually enjoying your mom and dad's mission! I am surprised but very glad to hear it. Aren't they returning home soon?
Oh yeah, and I am SOOOOOOO happy to hear that you're an ordinance worker. What a great thing. I am so proud of you, and I love you. Did I mention that?
So what can I do to make your dream of coming to visit me a reality? :)

Alisha said...

#1- So proud. (and still enjoying my way cute "too short" dress...thanks again)

#2 - We need to do that again (or something like it) minus the bullet, really soon

#6 - Chatam 30 was the best...EVER

#10 - I feel really good about this one (although I miss trying to make you smile your cute lopsided grin)

#11 - I just like this one
#12 - Hiding in our laundry closet in the kitchen... Priceless

Love you, Miss you. The end.