Thursday, February 4, 2010

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN "CHASTITY" IS THE TOPIC FOR SUNDAY???

This is what happens:

1. boy giving talk: " you see, men are like microwaves and women are like ovens. Men go right to heating up and women take a while."

2. congregation: giggles

3. boy giving talk: "no, this isn't to make you laugh, this is to make you ladies understand the difference between you and men when you are in a... umm...situation."


And the Chastity day continued on with combined 3rd hour Priesthood/Relief Society. The Bishop was in the middle of giving a really great lesson on quite an awkward subject when behind me this conversation is going on in a surprisingly super loud tone:

1. boy: [leaning forward to reach across the people sitting nearby says to girl sitting three seats down from him] "so, do you have a boyfriend?"

2. girl: "no."

3. people sitting around me: shock in their eyes because this is what he chooses to say during the chastity lesson and at such an easily heard decibel (I mean the Bishop up at the front even heard it)

4. boy: "well I would like to change that. Lets definitely hang out."

7 comments:

Laura said...

I love this. Our 5th Sunday was not this fun! It was all about preparing for the big earthquake by making plans of survival. Afterward I just wanted destruction so we could try out the new plan!

Anonymous said...

This does not make me want to hurry back to Provo. But at the same time it does. Conflicted.

Lani said...

Oh gosh. Everyone should contribute to a book about "The Chastity Lesson" in the Singles Ward. The last one I attended ended with an EFY CD playing so we could all understand what it's really all about. Icky.

Meg said...

That's freakin hilarious....

Heather said...

So I don't miss BYU. Or chastity talks (I think they've given up on everyone outside of Utah). But I do miss you.

The Swank Family said...

oh my gosh. BYU.... ah, the days.

Sarah C. said...

Remind me why it is we go to 5th Sunday lessons, again? Or any of these lessons? The reasons must have escaped me.