Friday, January 1, 2010

JANUARY 1: PART III - 2010

I have a little tradition on this blog to write about the previous year and the year to come on January 1st. Here is what I wrote in 2008:

2008!!! What will this year bring? I dont know but I could really use a good time. The last year really sucked. Well basically summer of 06 and Dec. 06-Sept. 07. I can't even begin to explain how bad it was. I would rather cut off my favorite finger (the left hand pinky) than re-live some of those days. But somehow I got through it alive and sane. How that happened, I dont know. I am just really feeling a good year coming on. I mean I am starting it out with Tylenol PM, cough medicine, and lots of blankets. Guess I can't ask for more than a good nights sleep. I better get at least one new baby in my life (sisters, that means you!) and one sibling married. I dont think that is too much to ask for people. As for me and what I want, well that is for me to know and no one to find out. A friend inspired me to make a list of predictions. I think I am going to try that for the first time. My first prediction is that I forget all my predictions come March. Happy New Year!


Here is what I wrote in 2009:

Its kind of funny that I started this year of with the same medications and ailments. Well maybe not funny to my mom who will never give up on me taking vitamins. You know I look back on it and '08 was good to me, fairly good indeed. I got 2 new babies (well they will be born in '09 but still) so check that off my list and Josh took care of the sibling getting married by convincing Holly to marry him. And technically, I did get what I wanted and I am still going to keep that little secret to myself. I am no longer acquainted with the friend that made last year's predictions with me so I will make this list all on my own because I am a "grown-up" and can do some things by myself now. I am shooting for one more sibling married this year (fight it out Jen and Heidi), I want to try something totally new, and I want to find true happiness. I wish you all a great 2009 and that you too may find happiness in your lives.

And here are my thoughts and wishes for 2010:

I think I got everything I wished for in 2009. Jen and Timm got married in March. As for trying something new, I went through the temple, I think that definitely counts. And on the part of finding true happiness, well considering this is the year mom and dad come home, I can say I am truly happy right now! I think one of my sisters will definitely be with child this year. The odds are pretty much on my side with that because there are 4 chances for it to go in my favor. I want mom and dad to come home. Also, absolutely in my favor. As for my personal goals and wants: do the point of the mountain paragliding, go on dates that actually excite me, take piano lessons, and do something new and challenging at OJH.

As I enter a new decade I will leave you with a review of my life in the last ten years:
  • 2000 - 8th grade at KJH, had Miss Huggins which changed my life
  • 2001 - finished up junior high and started high school at dear old Davis High
  • 2002 - Salt Lake Olympics livened things up and I became friends with Hannah Watkins
  • 2003 - Senior year of high school, Summer Scholars with Laura, met Baptist, only kid at home
  • 2004 - graduated from DHS and started college at BYU where I met Jessica and Ashton
  • 2005 - moved into P2, the greatest era in Provodom, met the "brothers"
  • 2006 - applied for my major and got accepted!, worked at Deer Valley from 5am to 7pm but free skiing
  • 2007 - started my teaching program and met Allison, Heather joined the crew, dated Cameron, "Summer 'o Fun," moved to Chatham with Josh in my ward, met Leslie, mom and dad left on the mish
  • 2008 - Disneyland, graduated from college, dated Corey, and started working at Orem Junior
  • 2009 - moved to grown-up Provo, Raft for the Cure, NYC girls trip, and went through the temple

3 comments:

Heather said...

It absolutely warms my heart that I made the timeline. Proudest day of 2010.

Liz said...

Baby, you are amazing and I love it that you make goals and then do everything you can to reach them. And you are right, you will see most of your aspirations come to fruition. I can promise you that!

Chase Eskelsen said...

I made it in again! Woohoo... Guess I can be satisfied with at least a nickname... one day I'll get a real name... maybe... :)