Sunday, December 13, 2009

I FIT INTO A 5yr OLD'S COSTUME


Over Thanksgiving we played dress-up with some of my dad's extended family. Each group was given a box of random costumes and had to figure out a costume for a turkey, pilgrim, or an Indian. When I opened my box I saw this dress and knew that it would make me the best Pilgrim in the contest. Well the dress isn't just from a costume store! When the compound kids were much younger, my grandparents bought these dresses for all the granddaughters. This little Swiss beauty was worn by one of the girls when they were about 5 or 6. Holla because I got it (half way) buttoned up in the back baby! Yep, I felt slightly great and slightly sad that I could squeeze myself into this dress. But the best part of the whole day was just seeing this thing again after so many years because I loved playing dress up in it when I was a little kid. Thanks Aunt Lou for the dress up game and the stroll down memory lane. And just so you know, I did win the award for best pilgrim costume!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liz said...

You win the best for everything! I love how much you love that dress. Can't wait to see you next week.