Thursday, May 21, 2009

BLOG THOUGHTS

I haven't looked at my sister Jen's blog in probably 2 months because she never posts anything. Never ever. I thought today, "well hey, I might just check. I am bored so it will give me something to do." Was it worth my finger strain to navigate the mouse to her page? No. Absolutely not. Then all of a sudden this revelation hit me: people who have blogs but don't actually blog are like Mormons who don't go to church.
Stay with me, you will see where I am going with this. The longer you are "inactive" the harder it is to come back. You feel like you owe everyone an explanation for your absence. You try to explain why and we all know its coming when we see you again. We don't really care what the excuse was, we are just excited to see you back in action. But you know whats worse than coming back after a long time of MIA? Only coming back once. Just stick to it people. Don't give it a lame a** try. Put forth some effort and get it done.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You know, if you bothered to check out my blog a little more often, you would realize that the little click it takes to get there is NEVER a waste of your time!

I agree about the inactive thing. But blogging is easier to stay active in, because it is an enjoyable way to relax for a few minutes and catch up with friends. I love the church, but going on Sunday is anything but relaxing...especially with my calling!!! (At least I'm never ever bored)

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

I whole heartedly agree Ash! Your sister Jen sucks at blogging. I used to love to read her stories and now just because she is married she doesn't feel she has time for it any more. I am grateful for kids like you who keep me informed about their life, by blogging about it. I guess that I should not complain, because I don't have a blog and that makes me lame!