Monday, March 16, 2009

AN EMBARRASSING TRUTH

When I had the Bells I wouldn't let my mom see what I looked like because I didn't want her to see her perfect - and favorite - daughter looking like Nancy the sewing lady on KUED. Well now that the Bells is gone I decided I could show a picture. This was taken at the junior high 9th grade dance during my second week with the Palsy. It was quite mild by this time. I am seen here with Kathe (assistant principal, mentor, mom #2, hero, angel) and Miss Allison Jensen. I feel it is necessary and okay to document at this time what I looked like. Good thing for me the only side effect today from Bells is an extremely droopy eye when I am tired. I can't always control the right eye but I don't care because by the time it closes on its own, I usually want to be asleep anyway.


WARNING: the photograph you are about to see is disturbing.
No, not really. Its not bad at all.

p.s. I had a great surprise visit from Meagan this evening. It was just neat. The end.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Baby, I am so glad that you did not let me see you like this. I cried like a baby over it as it was. You were such a brave girl and I am thankful that it went away. I love you more than tongue can tell and I'll see you again in 7 days!

Colorado Jones said...

I love that you still managed to look as beautiful as ever, even with the palsy.

Laura said...

hey! I just saw you left a comment!!!thanks I will follow you like a lost puppy!

Heidi Louise said...

Just wanted to say I love you whether you can shut both of your eyes at the same time or not. Today was fun... I love laughing with you!

Michelle said...

I am glad your palsy is all gone... and I am so happy to hear that you went through the Temple! That is wonderful! When did you go? I highly recommend going as often as possible... I am so much happier when I do. :)