Saturday, November 15, 2008

TOO SOON

There are a few things I haven't mentioned on my blog for many reasons but one of them is that it was previously, "too soon." This is a phrase we use in my apartment to describe a situation that we are not ready to expand on, talk about, repeat, or participate in. It works really well. For instance, magic muffins. Leslie makes these delicious magic muffins that I actually worship (and I don't normally like anything that is not chocolate chips or Dasani). Leslie made two batches for our wonderful Disneyland 08 trip. Unfortunately, this ended up being our only source of nourishment for about a day and a half because D-Land rapes you of your money if you want to purchase anything inside the park. Leslie hasn't made magic muffins since our trip because it has just been too soon. So now you understand the essence of "too soon." Let me now move onto a couple topics that have been "too soon" and some of them might still be but we will give it a try.

1. Corey. Yes folks, I am talking about it now. Its fine. I had vowed to not talk about it really, especially to our mutual friends because I didn't want them to feel awkward, mad, or sad. But I was talking to my friend Justin today and he suggested that the only way to move on is to put everything on the table, get over my feelings, and so here I am blogging about it. We were best friends, we dated, we broke up. Thats the reality. Did it brake my heart? Yes. Do I miss him? Yes. Have I been on dates since? Yes and boy are those some interesting stories! Am I over him? No but trying and getting close.

2. Zumba. This one is still too soon in the sense that I still suck at it. Zumba is my new passion thanks to Miss Jensen (my partner in crime - we teach Geography together). She is an amazing teacher and I am so, so grateful I get to work with her (and of course you too Cameo but you need to come to Thursday Zumba). She was in the education program with me at BYU and I followed her to Orem Junior where her aerobic influence enticed me to try out her favorite class: Zumba. Zumba is just a lot of latin dancing to loud latin music. And its really fun and really hard. Cameo and I went a couple months ago and I fell in love. I now kind of stalk Allison and go to all of her Zumba classes I can get my hands on. She even has me listening to Zumba music in my car. Trying to Zumba in the car is quite a challenge but so worth it. Try one of her classes out if you can because I have a testimony of it. I am trying to peer pressure Allison into making a DVD for me because 3 times a week isn't enough. I will keep working on her until I get the result I want. I just need to say that Zumba has changed my life. I have since turned Leslie and Alisha into Zumba junkies as well. Holla Zumba!

3. Grandma. This one is definitely too soon because I can't even talk about. Grammy has cancer for the third time and it is so hard for me to watch. She is the most amazing example of faithful perseverance. Even on her worst days full of vomiting, tears, and a very tired body, she is so happy, kind, and chatty. Nothing can slow her down. I just pray everyday that Heavenly Father can keep her here for a long time because I am selfish. I am not ready to say goodbye. I couldn't go through that with my parents gone. She has surgery in a week to hopefully release her of some of the pain she is in daily. I hope it works and that she can go on with life the way she deserves. I love my grammy and watching her continually fight makes me so grateful. I will never give up on my love of breast cancer because one day, no one will not have to go through what my grammy has.

6 comments:

Haskell's said...

I'm proud of you!!

Liz said...

This is a monumental blog for you Baby. I think you are amazing and I am proud of you too. Just one more step in the tough life we call adulthood.

Michelle said...

Love the post... I am so sorry about your grandma! That is rough. How much longer until your parents come home?

Anonymous said...

A blog post for the ages. Job well done. I will make some magic muffins soon. It's time.

Liz said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you! I wish I could be there to give you hugs and kisses but those will have to wait for 5 MORE DAYS! I am so excited to have you come for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Have a great day!
Love, Mom

Sarah C. said...

Hi love. You're just the best. Can we see each other soon, por favor?