Tuesday, November 11, 2008

LAST WEEK I TAUGHT...

GYM. Thats right folks I am a certified gym teacher. Actually not at all certified and trust me, I never will be. I hate sports. But I actually loved teaching gym. It was so easy. Here is how it all went down: The girls gym teacher was out on Friday and a sub never took the job so frantically they needed some of our own OJH staff to cover the classes. I had a prep period on Friday so I got to teach 9th grade girls gym. Wow, what a different world. The girls came in and went straight to the dressing room. As soon as they came out they knew exactly what they should be doing and THEY DID IT. They did their warm ups without being reminded over and over. I never knew students could do things without continually be reminded. Then I took roll, shouted out the teams and they knew what to do, where to go, and how long to play. It was so easy. They just did it. No "loud" hints as to what their behavior should be because. I was so pleased with the situtation that Miss Belnap even got "dizzown in the gizzym" (as one of the girls said) by playing volleyball with them in my 5 inch heels. It was great. Well, except for the whole having to play a sport thing. That I will never do again. But man, gym is seriously an easy gig. No long essay tests to write or grade. The sub plan was a short line telling me thanks for subbing, not a two page summary on the lesson and warnings on their horrible behavior. No. Those are just things a history teacher has to deal with. Well crap. I chose the wrong. I guess I am going to start fake liking sports and change up my teaching certificate. Easy is going to be my middle name.

7 comments:

kathy w. said...

Gym! Of course! What am I doing teaching English?

I bet you're a seriously awesome teacher.

Anonymous said...

This is a very good idea

The Sabeys said...

Oh yeah... If ever there is an opening at OJHS... Sabey Babey is applying and better get it!

Miss Ashley said...

And I will be Sabey Babey's TA. Because I bet thats even easier!

Heidi Louise said...

Hasn't easy ALWAYS been your middle name! Hahahaha!!!

Haskell's said...

i loved gym class my teacher liked women!! She wasn't allowed in the locker room at the same time... classy huh?

Michelle said...

Just imagining you teaching gym makes me laugh! Not that you wouldn't make an adorable gym teacher, just that it doesn't seem your cup of tea. That is too funny! I especially like the part about playing volleyball in your five inch heels.